• “It’s tax season and that means paper season. If you don’t happen to have a rubber finger cover to help you leaf through papers quickly, you can always wrap a rubber band around your fingertip to offer a bit of resistance. It’s better than licking your finger!” — R. in Indiana
• If you enjoy puzzles and board games but like to keep them in their original cardboard boxes, be sure to reinforce corners with strong clear tape BEFORE they start to crack and fall apart. Use hook and loop tape to secure bags inside the box cover so that game pieces will stay with the game. There’s nothing worse than pulling out a game to find that some pieces have slipped out.
• “This might not be revolutionary, but if you put a tennis ball into a long sock and knot the sock, your dog will really like it. If they play with it outside, you can even put it right into the wash.” — K.R. in Alabama
• Remove the neck end of a soda bottle to create a disposable funnel. Use a 2-liter bottle for a large funnel and individual drink size for smaller ones. Rinse and recycle both parts when you are finished.
• Baking soda can be used as a mild abrasive to clean, but it also can help clean your teeth! Keep a small container in your bathroom and sprinkle a little bit of baking soda on your toothbrush weekly to give your pearly whites a polish between professional cleanings.
• Tuck a couple fabric softener sheets in your luggage. You can use them to combat static cling or freshen the air by placing one over the air conditioner vent. It will keep your suitcase fresh-smelling between uses, too.
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.
(c) 2020 King Features Syndicate, Inc.