• “Loosen a stuck ring by putting a little bit of butter on your finger to help it slide.” — D.F. in West Virginia
• If you’ve gone up or down a size, please consider donating your suits or dress clothes to the organization Dress for Success. It gives business-wear for interviews to women who could not otherwise afford it, helping them to look the part so that they can get the part!
• DIY Hand Pampering: Mix together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/5 cup milk, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup honey. Soak hands in mixture for 2 minutes, then rinse and dry hands.
• How to pack a suitcase: Roll pants and tops, adding to suitcase first, toward the handle side. Then add heavy items (shoes, boots) toward the wheel end. Make sure you choose the right size case for the trip; too much room will cause items to shift around. You can always throw in a light jacket if you have the space.
• In a pinch, you can use toothpaste to scrub your faucet in the bathroom.
• Got unexpected company? For a quick, clean look, vacuum the floors and take care of these four things: the bathroom, dishes in the sink, piles of junk on tables or counters and an overflowing trash can. Your house will look great.
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.
(c) 2020 King Features Syndicate, Inc.