• Earth Day Tip: When choosing personal care products, apply the same eco standards as you do with food. Check the ingredients list to find safe products. Go for products that are free of dyes and perfumes. When possible, choose products that use the least packaging.
• Have a bright flashlight handy in the laundry room. It’s much easier to identify stains with the right lighting. Sending a still-stained garment to the dryer can set the stain, making it much harder or impossible to remove.
• Three easy steps to sear your meat: Preheat the skillet, wait 30 seconds before you add oil and pat your meat dry before placing in the skillet.
• “I use a paperclip covered by tissue to clean the cracks on my keyboard.” — I.P. in South Carolina
• If you leave a load of laundry too long in the washer, you can re-run it and add a cup of white vinegar to the load to kill the musty smell of potential mildew.
• “I make my own little good-behavior coupons for my three children. I print them on different colors of paper for each child. They can cash in coupons for activities or rewards, and if they go in together to get something, I will give them bonus coupons for working together. I think this has made goal-setting a priority for them, and it has helped them learn the lesson of shared goals — an important one for a large family.” — R.V.F. in Arizona
(c) 2020 King Features Syndicate, Inc.