• If you have a stubborn stain on the driveway or garage floor, try oven cleaner. Spray the spot and cover it (to keep pets out) and then let it sit for several hours. Give it a good scrub and rinse with the hose. It might just do the trick!
• “I have a tip for you. When pouring water in your coffee pot, use a 4-inch funnel by placing it in the tank. Helps from spilling water. Pour slowly!” — P.T. in Illinois
• Three ways to honor veterans on Memorial Day: pause for the National Moment of Remembrance (3 p.m. local time), a minutelong pause to remember those who lost their lives in service to our country; donate flowers or place flowers on the graves of veterans in your local cemetery; listen to the stories of veterans through StoryCorps’ oral history project (storycorps.org/ discover/military-voices).
• “Here’s a recipe tip from my brother’s man cave: Take a can of beer and mix it with a cup of barbecue sauce. Add a couple drops of hot sauce if you’re feeling spicy. Use the mix to marinate chicken thighs for several hours before slapping them on the grill. He says the beer helps the chicken absorb the flavor, and he must be right, because it’s so yummy.” — E.D. in Arkansas
• Clean hairbrushes and combs by soaking them in a baking soda/water solution. Put them bristles down in a large cup and add the solution. Don’t do this to wood handle brushes.
• “Here’s a convenient way to measure oil and not have to wash an inconveniently shaped measuring cup: Label a glass jar with marks for common kitchen measurements: 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4 and 1 cup. So easy.” — J.K. in Vermont
(c) 2020 King Features Syndicate, Inc.