• “It’s easy to get the stains out of coffee mugs without using a harsh cleaner. Try a little bit of baking soda on a sponge for scrubbing, then rinse with a little bit of vinegar to foam out the smell. I have been able to bring back mugs that looked terrible!” — Y.S. in California
• Use a lint roller to remove dust from a lampshade with fabric that is flat but textured. If your lampshade has pleats, your best bet is a clean soft paintbrush.
• “I have perfectly timed the fabric softener cycle on my washing machine. I set a timer for 23 minutes, and it’s just the right time to add liquid softener. Just saying that this has greatly enhanced the quality of my life, because my clothes feel softer and smell nice.” — L.B. in Georgia
• Here’s another laundry tip: “Can you believe I miss washing my daughter’s white softball pants because spring season was canceled? If you have a kid playing sports in white pants — why? — get a bar of Fels Naptha soap. You just rub it into the stained spots, and launder. It takes out grass and clay. It should be issued with the uniform for turf sports.” — M.
• A work from home, or work anywhere tip: If you are having trouble focusing, it might be because you are avoiding a difficult task. If there’s a dreaded task on your to-do list, tackle it first. Even if you can’t get it completed, you’ll make progress and it will make everything else seem easy by comparison.
(c) 2020 King Features Syndicate, Inc.