• Want a great way to clean around your faucets? The answer may be closer than you think! A worn-out toothbrush can do a much better job of cleaning fixtures than it can your teeth and gums. Simply brush the wet bristles of a toothbrush over the base and it’ll get in those nooks and crannies you can’t reach with a sponge.
• Remove mildew from plastic shower curtains by spraying them with a mix of bleach and water, or just toss them in the washing machine with your next load of towels.
• “We have a playroom, and the kids argue about who made what mess and who should pick up which toys. We made a cleaning schedule for the room, having one or two children per day responsible to clean up at the end of the day. It was a rough start, but the kids have learned to clean up as they go rather than leave a big mess for someone else (payback is not kind).” — A.M. in Kentucky
• If your vacuum has a paper filter, spray it with your favorite perfume or essential oil. It will blow into the air as you vacuum, leaving behind a pleasant scent.
• “Need your nails to dry in a hurry? You can use the cool setting on your hair dryer. It works really fast.” — L.E. in Georgia
• Using your fireplace? Try adding citrus peels to the logs for a nice aroma. They can be a good starter material as well.
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.
(c) 2020 King Features Syndicate, Inc.