• Yard sales sponsored by churches and other charities can be a great source of bargains, especially at this time of year. Since they are a fundraiser, usually with donated items, they are motivated to sell, even if it’s at a lower price. Oftentimes you can get items that still have tags, which make great gifts.
• “If your toothpaste is almost done, just snip off the top and dip your brush in the container. There’s usually more in the tube.” — T.D. in Kentucky
• If someone has written on your dry erase board with a permanent marker, try writing over it with a dry erase marker. Sometimes this works to remove the permanent marker.
• Wrap a bit of tape sticky side out around a straightened out paper clip. You can GENTLY put it in the headphone jack to get out lint that is otherwise inaccessible. Also, keep a lintfree cloth that comes with glasses handy to clean the screen of your smartphone.
• “If you are inundated by paper, here are some things you can do to at least stem the tide: First, if you can’t bear to shred something because you think it might be important, scan it first. If you’re the kind of person who prints out and saves things like online bill payment receipts, print to PDF and save it electronically.” — W.L. in Illinois
• “It’s really annoying when I put a shirt on or take one off and I get foundation on the collar. When that happens, I use shaving cream to remove it. After removing the garment, I squirt a dollop of shaving cream on the stain and rub it in. Sometimes I try to use a paper towel to remove some of it before I put it in the washer. Always check it before you put it in the dryer!” — L.M. in Washington
(c) 2020 King Features Syndicate, Inc.