• If you have a steel or metal door, stick a few magnets on the inside for a handy spot to attach reminders and other notes. If your door is wood, just attach a piece of corkboard to a strip of the door. With pushpins, it works the same way.
• “If you find a pretty bottle of lotion, you can refill it when it runs out. I add a little bit of essential oils to my store-brand lotion.” — G.E. in California
• Remove white rings on wood tables with mayo! Slather a spoonful of mayonnaise on the spot and let it stand for an hour or so. Wipe clean. Repeat as necessary.
• Use nail polish in bright colors to mark the settings on your washer. The nail polish doesn’t wear off like a marker might.
• Got unmatched socks? Save them for the grandkids to use for hand puppets. You can help them sew buttons on, and use yarn for hair. A barrette can be glued or sewn on for a nose.
• “Here’s a DIY softener sheet for the dryer. Just cut up an old shirt into small squares about the size of your hand. Use a sealable jar and add liquid fabric softener and water in equal parts, and then add all the squares to the liquid. When you move clothes from the washer into the dryer, take a piece, squeeze it out and toss in the dryer. They are reusable — afterward, just put it back in the jar!” — D.R. in Florida
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.
(c) 2021 King Features Syndicate, Inc.