• Line your veggie and fruit drawers with plain paper towels to avoid messes in the refrigerator. Check through produce daily to remove any spoiled items.
• “Everyone knows probably five uses for pantyhose with runs in them. Here’s one I heard from a friend that I had never heard before. Scrunch one leg up and use it like a dusting mitt on upholstered furniture to get rid of cat hair. I guess it would work for all pet hair, but I do this every day now, and it’s so easy.” — G.T. in Washington
• If you have a stinky sink problem, check your garbage disposal. The plastic insert in the drain will usually pull out to give you a better look. Sometimes, all that is needed is to clean the plastic insert — it can collect a nasty food slime on the disposalfacing side. You can also try running it for a few minutes with ice cubes, citrus peels or baking soda and vinegar.
• If you have many books on a bookcase, here’s a tip that’ll blow you away: Use a hair dryer on the cool setting to blow dust off the top of the books. Work from the top down, wipe the visible shelf with a microfiber cloth, then vacuum the floor.
• “In one of my pizza boxes, I noticed a sheet of plastic netting that keeps the pizza crust crispy during delivery. I saved it, thinking I would find a use for it. I did — in my dishwasher! I had several small plastic containers that kept flipping up and collecting water, so I lined them up and placed the netting over them. I laid a spatula on top to keep it in place. It totally worked.” — A.A. in Florida
(c) 2021 King Features Syndicate, Inc.