• Add a cinnamon stick or softener sheet to your vacuum bag when you change it. As you clean, you will distribute the good smell throughout your home.
• There’s been a lot of talk at my house about kitchen gadgets that do double duty, especially since I have made whipped cream for the first time — in my coffeemaker! I have a French press that I rarely use, until now. Add heavy whipping cream and a bit of sugar to the pot, and use the screen to whip the cream by rapidly pumping it up and down. Magic! — JoAnn
• “ To save money on electricity costs, hang jeans and other heavy clothing to dry first. White or light towels and garments especially love the sun. When they’re mostly dry, pop in the dryer to fluff.
• “I love to eat pancakes, but I don’t have time to make them every morning. I make a very large batch on Sundays and reheat them through the week. In order to recreate that fresh-from-the-pan crisp (which you don’t get if you microwave them), I put them in my toaster.” — P.E. in Ohio
• “I use an extra coffee pot to brew a pot of hot water. I use the water for both tea and instant oatmeal packets in the morning.” — M.S. in Nevada
• “Before I go to the beach, I freeze an ice-cube tray full of lemonade. Then, we use the cubes in our travel cups. It keeps the lemonade cool, and as it melts (which tends to be quickly), it doesn’t water down the drink.” — K.H. in South Carolina
(c) 2021 King Features