• Another nominee for removing antiperspirant stains: meat tenderizer. D.L. of Michigan writes: “Moisten the armpit area and then drag it through some meat tenderizer. Work it in, let it sit for five minutes or so, then launder in the hottest possible water.”
• “Activity points are now a prerequisite in our house for allowance. Chores are still a part of the equation, but we are trying to instill how important it is to MOVE. I figure if my employer can incentivize me by lowering health-care costs if I use my Fitbit or participate in 5ks, I can ‘pay’ my kids to be active.” — Y.R. in North Carolina
• White porcelain sinks are so beautiful in a country kitchen — but boy do those food stains just pop! No sweat, though. Just sprinkle liberally and scrub with baking soda, and then spray on a little hydrogen peroxide. Rub and rinse.
• Sources say that if you are having a hard time keeping your eating in check, the key is to plan ahead. At the beginning of the week, make a list of exactly what you plan to have each day for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as snacks. Then prep that food. Less decision-making midweek means less opportunity to make poor decisions. Good luck!
• “My three kids (and their friends) were always losing, bending or otherwise ruining my good flatware. So, I bought a bunch of cheap stuff, a bucket to fit it in and I put it on the counter. It all goes in there together, and you know what? It’s no big deal. We just grab what we need and get on with our lives. I still have the good stuff, and it’s what we use on special occasions.” — T.Y. in Illinois
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.