Two photography contests will be held during the Mountain Heritage Festival, one for amateur photographers and another for professional photographers. The rules for the contests are:
Entry Fee: $3 per photograph
1. Enter as many photos as you want and in any category. Each photo must comply with the rules.
2. Photos must be matted and framed. Please include a stand for your framed photo.
3. Photos must be 5×7 or larger.
4. All photos must have proper identification to include name and phone number of contestant. Please attach this information to the back of the frame.
5. Photos must be turned in at the Dawahare’s building on Main Street in Whitesburg on Sept. 12 and Sept. 13 between the hours of 4-6 p.m. Deadline for entry is Thursday Sept. 13, at 6 p.m.
Photos may be black and white or color.
• scenic: photos of Letcher County
• reflections of the past: can be a person, home or scene
• sports: photos of any sport
• portraits: photos of any one person, family
• still life: photos of flowers, fruit, etc.
• animals: pets or wildlife
• vacations: scenes or moments from your vacation
Photographs will be on display in Whitesburg at the Dawahare’s building throughout the week of the festival, September 24- 29. All photographs will be judged on Friday, Sept.14.
For more information, call Patricia Bentley at 606- 634-0842.