Whitesburg KY

Questions about SSI

Question: I am getting Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Can I get other kinds of help?

Answer: You may be able to get other assistance. For example, in most states, SSI recipients also get Medicaid. You should contact your medical assistance office. SSI recipients also are generally eligible for social services provided by the state, city or county where they live. These may include arrangements for meals or transportation. SSI recipients also may qualify for “food stamps” in many states. More information is available at your local public assistance office.

Leave a Reply