To the Editor:
Relay for Life of Letcher County will be held on Saturday, June 6, 2015 from noon until midnight at the Riverside Park in Whitesburg. We are currently looking for participants to join us as we celebrate 30 years of Relay for Life. We are inviting all past teams, participants, survivors, caregivers, or anyone who is interested in joining the fight against cancer. If you would like to form a team or join a team already formed, you can simply go to relayforlife.org/letcherky and join. We do not have a registration fee this year! We are also looking for all cancer survivors! We want to honor and celebrate you at our survivor banquet and survivor celebration at Relay. Please send all information or contact for information, April Back-Stevens @ 633-7668 or 335-0261 or you can email email@example.com.
The American Cancer Society can be contacted at 1-800-227- 2345. If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with cancer and are in need of patient programs, please contact the above number for help. Last year Letcher County residents received the following services:
• 24 Letcher County residents contacted the local ACS office for information
• 6 Letcher residents were provided a head covering-non-wig
• 10 Letcher County people serviced by the Look Good Feel Better-Group
• 9 Letcher patients received wigs
• 1 person received financial assistance
• 54 residents were provided Information
• 18 Letcher residents provided lodging needs
• 27 Letcher County served with patient programs
• 6 people provided transportation
• 21 patients served at the Hope Lodge in Lexington with total of 149 nights with a savings of $20,860. Since opening in 2007, Hope Lodge has served 105 patients with total of 1,995 nights and savings of $537,740.
Help us continue to help the ACS by joining us at the Relay for Life of Letcher County this year! Contact April Back-Stevens, Chair Letcher County Relay for Life for more info.
APRIL BACK-STEVENS Chair Letcher County Relay for Life