1. Who released “Lady Willpower,” and when?
2. Which artist wrote and released “Clair”?
3. Name the first British recording to ever hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
4. Which artist released his sixth album with the title “Aladdin Sane”?
5. Name the song that contains this lyric: “You don’t need diamond rings, Or 18-karat gold, Fancy cars that go very fast, You know they never last, no, no.”
1. Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, in 1968. The group wore Civil War Union Army uniforms on stage.
2. Gilbert O’Sullivan, in 1972. The love song seems at first to be written to an adult … until a small child giggles at the end.
3. “Stranger on the Shore,” originally a clarinet piece, in 1962. It had been used as a theme song for a British drama series by the same name. The song has since been used in “Mr. Holland’s Opus,” “Mad Men” and others.
4. David Bowie, in 1973.
5. “Express Yourself,” by Madonna, in 1989. The message to women: Only accept what is best for you in a relationship, never second best. The way to get that is by speaking up.