Whitesburg KY
Mostly sunny
Mostly sunny

Replacement Social Security card

Question: I can’t find my Social Security card. How can I get a new one?

Answer: First, consider whether you really need a new card. You need to apply for a replacement Social Security card only if you don’t know your Social Security number or, if you need to show your card to a new employer. If you decide that you do need a card, you can replace it for free in three easy steps.

Step 1: Complete an Application

For a Social Security

Card (
Form SS-5)

Step 2: Show us documents proving your identity and U.S. citizenship or immigration status.

Step 3: Take your completed application and original documents to your local Social Security office or your
Social Security Card Center. You’ll receive your replacement card in about 10 to 15 days.

You can find all the information you need, including what documents we will need to review, at www.socialsecurity. gov.

Leave a Reply