The members of Letcher County Extension Homemaker Clubs will be sponsoring a $250 college scholarship to help a local student continue his or her education for the coming fall semester.
The guidelines for the scholarship are:
1. The recipient must live in Letcher County
2. He or she must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
3. He or she must be enrolled in or accepted by an accredited college or university.
4. He or she must submit a letter requesting the scholarship, a transcript of high school grades and a brief statement of future plans.
5. The scholarship will be awarded by a Letcher County Extension Homemaker Committee based on the items in number four above.
6. The committee’s decision will be final.
All the information requested in number four above must be submitted by May 1 to Ann Bradley at the Letcher County Extension Office, P.O. Box 784, Whitesburg, Ky. 41858.