1. When was the last time before 2006 (not counting the strike year of 1994) that baseball’s playoffs did not have either the American League or National League champion from the previous year?
2. Who was the last Twins player before Justin Morneau (34 homers in 2006) and Torii Hunter (31 in 2006) to hit 30- plus homers in a season?
3. Name the last running back chosen No. 1 overall in the NFLDraft.
4. When was the last time the University of Kentucky lost in the first round of the NCAA Tournament in men’s basketball?
5. In 2007, Vancouver’s Roberto Luongo set a record for most saves by a goaltender in his first NHL playoff start. How many saves did he record?
6. Who won the first race (Sylvania 300 in New Hampshire) in NASCAR’s Chase for the Nextel Cup in 2006?
7. In 2007, women’s tennis player Jelena Jankovic became the fastest woman to have 50 match victories in a season since 1974. Who accomplished the feat then?
1. In 1991, neither the Cincinnati Reds nor the Oakland A’s made the playoffs.
2. Kent Hrbek had 34 homers in 1987.
3. Penn State’s Ki-Jana Carter was chosen by Cincinnati No. 1 overall in 1995.
4. It was 1982.
5. He had 72 saves in a quadruple overtime victory against Dallas.
6. Kevin Harvick, who finished fourth overall in the Chase in 2006.
7. Chris Evert.
©2007 King Features Synd.