• It was Napoleon Bonaparte who made the following sage observation: “Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.”
• If you’re pregnant in Switzerland, don’t tell anyone the name you plan to give your baby; it’s considered to bring bad luck.
• Smugglers will never stop trying to find creative ways to transport illicit goods from one part of the world to another. In 2009, a German man tried to smuggle 44 lizards out of New Zealand in his underwear; it seems that he had sewn special pockets in his undergarments specifically for the creatures.
• If a frog eats too many fireflies, it will begin to glow.
• You might be surprised to learn that the sweatiest part of the human body is not the armpits; it’s the palms of the hands.
• • •
Thought for the day: “I hate women because they always know where things are.” — Voltaire
(c) 2013 King Features Synd.