• It was American author Erica Jong who made the following sage observation: “Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t.”
• Jon Bon Jovi is probably best known for his eponymous ‘80s hair band, but he’s also quite a philanthropist, working on behalf of organizations including the Special Olympics, the American Red Cross and Habitat for Humanity. In 2011, the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation opened a restaurant called JBJ Soul Kitchen, in which patrons pay only what they can afford, or can even volunteer in lieu of payment.
• Those who study such things say that all mammals, from rodents to elephants, urinate for approximately 21 seconds. This now is known as the “Law of Urination.”
• A poll conducted by Gallup determined that 42 percent of Americans believe that people are sometimes possessed by the devil.
• If you leave a cold glass on a table, it’s likely to leave a mark. The Italians (of course) have a word for that mark: cualacino.
(c) 2013 King Features Syndicate, Inc.