• It was popular British romance author Jilly Cooper who made the following observation: “The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things.”
• If you’re like the average human, you blink about 17,000 times every day.
• Filmmaker George Lucas is arguably best known for his “Star Wars” franchise, but he also directed “American Graffiti.” During the making of that earlier film he designated each reel of film with an R before the reel’s number, and each instance of dialog was prefixed with a D. At one point during the sound mixing, the sound designer needed to use Reel 2, Dialog 2, and so asked for “R2D2.” Lucas liked the sound of it so much that he used it for the name of a robot character in his later work.
• At 6 feet, 4 inches tall, Abraham Lincoln is the tallest president in the history of the United States.
• If you suffer from ophidiophobia — and, sadly, many people do — you may find the following tidbit to be rather unsettling: There are more than 3,000 different species of snakes.
• • •
Thought for the Day: “An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.” — Ernest Hemingway