• Records show that during the last seven months of Elvis Presley’s life, he had 5,300 different medications prescribed for him.
• Those who study such things say that Labor Day is Americans’ third most favorite holiday, ranking only after Christmas/Hanukkah and Memorial Day. Also, a quarter of Americans are expected to travel out of town over the holiday weekend, with the most popular destinations being New York City, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Orlando and Chicago.
• In the TV show “Charlie’s Angels,” it was a requirement that each of the stars had eight different outfits for each episode.
• The country of South Africa has a grand total of 11 official languages.
• You may be surprised to learn that the first Caesar salad was actually created in Tijuana, Mexico.
• For reasons that aren’t quite clear, in Sweden, it’s illegal to train a seal to balance a ball on the tip of its nose.
• • •
Thought for the Day: “The most dangerous strategy is to jump a chasm in two leaps.” — Benjamin Disraeli