• It was Academy Award nominated actress and comedian Lily Tomlin who made the following observation: “Ninety-eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hardworking, honest Americans. It’s the other lousy 2 percent that get all the publicity. But then — we elected them.”
• You might be surprised to learn that it requires a whopping 30 tons of ore from a gold mine to produce a single gold ring.
• You are almost certainly aware of the fact that the Impressionist painter Claude Monet is famous for his paintings of water lilies. However, you may not be aware of the fact that he painted more than 300 pictures of water lilies. The same water lilies, in fact — and they can be seen today in a pond behind his house.
• Those who study such things say that people during the Stone Age used shells and even shark teeth to shave.
• If you think about it, you’ll realize that an old-fashioned hourglass has more moving parts than the most expensive luxury watch on the market today.
(c) 2019 King Features Syndicate, Inc.