• It was 19th-century British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli who made the following observation: “My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me.”
• When the movie “Grizzly Adams” was filmed, the grizzly bear that played the title role was paid $9,000 a day, plus an extra $15,000 for performing its own stunts. I wonder if it went out on a shopping spree after payday?
• Medical experts say that coconut water has the same pH and electrolyte balance as human blood. In fact, during World War II, doctors who were running low on supplies used coconut water in plasma transfusions.
• The next time you’re eating an Oreo cookie, consider this: It takes 90 minutes to make each cookie, and each one has precisely 90 ridges on the rim.
• From the Yes, There Is a Word for It file: A crith is a unit of measure denoting the weight of a liter of hydrogen.
• If you’re like the average American, you will eat approximately 22 pounds of tomatoes this year. And half of that amount will come in the form of ketchup and tomato sauce.
• • •
Thought for the Day: “The only really good place to buy lumber is at a store where the lumber has already been cut and attached together in the form of furniture, finished, and put inside boxes.” — Dave Barry
(c) 2019 King Features Syndicate, Inc.