• The national animal of Scotland is the unicorn.
• Nail polish is considered to have been invented in China about 3,000 B.C. It was made of egg whites, beeswax, colored powder and gum Arabic.
• “Titanic” is the only movie to be available both in theaters and on VHS at the same time.
• At any given time, 0.7% of the world is drunk.
• Ever notice how the taste of artificial banana flavoring and artificial banana-flavored products doesn’t greatly resemble the real thing? That’s because it’s based on a type of banana that was wiped out by a plague in the 1950s.
• There are more possible iterations of a chess match than there are atoms in the known universe.
• The Procrastinators’ Club of America newsletter is called Last Month’s Newsletter.
• Astronauts cannot burp in space. There is no gravity to separate liquid from gas in their stomachs. They also can’t cry, because without gravity their tears can’t flow.
• The first color photograph was taken in 1861 by British physicist James Maxwell.
• The gastric acid in your stomach is so powerful that it is able to eat away an iron table in about 5 minutes.
• Belmont University once offered a course entitled “Oh, Look, a Chicken! Embracing Distraction as a Way of Knowing.”
• • •
Thought for the Day: “Lord, when we are wrong, make us willing to change, and when we are right, make us easy to live with.” — Peter Marshall
(c) 2020 King Features Syndicate, Inc.