• One dung beetle can drag 1,141 times its own weight.
• Italian banker Gilberto Baschiera was a modernday Robin Hood. Over a period of seven years, he secretly diverted 1 million euros from wealthy clients to poorer ones so they could qualify for loans. He made no profit from these dealings and avoided jail in 2018 with a plea bargain.
• In 2006, a Coca-Cola employee offered to sell Coca-Cola secrets to Pepsi. Pepsi took the high road and responded by notifying Coca-Cola.
• Ever wonder why there’s no period in “Dr Pepper”? It was removed because the old logo font made it look like “Di: Pepper.”
• Wildlife technician Richard Thomas took the famous tongue twister, “How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?” and calculated a rough estimate of the actual answer. It came out to around 700 pounds!
• For years your dentist has no doubt advised you to be sure to floss. But the benefits extend beyond your teeth. Researchers have discovered that flossing can also help your memory. It prevents gum disease, which prevents stiff blood vessels, which in turn cause memory issues.
• The future Queen Elizabeth II’s wedding dress was entirely paid for with ration coupons.
• Red Solo cups have not only been honored in a song by country singer Toby Keith, they’re a common souvenir to bring back from the U.S. The novelty comes from their appearance in numerous movie party scenes.
• American children are given an average of $3.70 per lost tooth.
(c) 2021 King Features Synd.