1. Who released “Let Me Take You Dancing,” and when?
2. What stage name did Susan Janet Ballion take?
3. Name the group behind “A Little Bit More” and “When You’re in Love with a Beautiful Woman.”
4. Which group sounded like the Beatles in their song “Lies”?
5. “Life on Mars?” appeared on what album?
6. Which female singer released “Wonderful Summer,” and when?
1. Bryan Adams, 1979. To turn it into a disco song, producers speeded up the tempo, which also changed the pitch of Adams’ voice.
2. Siouxsie Sioux. She was lead singer for the rock band Siouxsie and the Banshees. Their single “Hong Kong Garden” climbed into the Top 10 in 1978.
3. Dr. Hook, in 1976 and 1979 respectively. Until 1975 they were called Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show.
4. The Knickerbockers, in 1965. They released “One Track Mind” the following year.
5. David Bowie’s “Hunky Dory” album in 1971. Three years later, Barbra Streisand released it on her ButterFly album along with other contemporary songs.
6. “Robin” Ward, in 1963. Her real name was Jackie, and while “Robin” was thought to be a one-hit wonder, Jackie was busily carving out a successful career singing for television shows and theme songs, films and commercials.
©2012 King Features Synd.