1. Who was born Robert Allen Zimmerman? Name the first single he wrote and released.
2. Led Zeppelin ran into a small snag when the band flew into Singapore to do a concert. What happened?
3. Name the singer-songwriter who had a hit with “Crying.”
4. Which group released “Do You Remember Rock ‘n’ Roll Radio?” and when?
5. Name the album with these two songs: “Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!” and “Fixing a Hole.”
6. Which group released “Where the Streets Have No Name” and when?
1. Zimmerman was Bob Dylan’s birth name. His first single, “Mixed-Up Confusion” backed with “Corrina, Corrina,” was released in 1962.
2. Singapore officials wouldn’t let them off the plane because of their long hair. The concert, in 1972, was canceled.
3. Roy Orbison, in 1961. He released a duet with k.d. lang in 1987, but it’s the original version that ranks No. 69 in Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
4. The Ramones, in 1980. All members of the group took on “Ramone” as their last name, starting with Douglas Colvin, who became Dee Dee Ramone.
5. The Beatles album “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” in 1967.
6. U2, in 1987. ©2012 King Features Synd.