The Letcher County Fiscal Court will receive $235,824 in state “Flex Funds” to resurface 10 county roads.
The court held a special called meeting December 3 to approve two resolutions to accept funds from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. The first resolution was to approve a Memorandum of Agreement between the court and the Transportation Cabinet to accept the money. The second resolution asserts that all roads referred to in the Flex Fund agreement are county roads as defined by Kentucky law.
The funding in the first resolution is from the Rural Secondary Roads fund of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet and provides money for completion of work by the county. The county is required to adhere to state laws regarding employing contractors, compensation, and purchasing materials.
County roads to be resurfaced with the money include:
• Comfort Drive, County Route 1079 from US 119 South. .044 miles south of US 119.
• Eileen Drive, County Route 1167, 0.289 miles south from Pine Creek to the end of county maintenance, MP 0.289.
• Gardner Drive, County Route 1349 Q4, 0.019 south from Kentucky 15 to MP 0.019.
• Glover Drive, County Route 1653, 0.070 miles extending south to .070 miles west of Red Allen Lane.
• Hurricane Branch, County Route 1001, .113 miles extending east from .0358 east of KY 931.
• Kingdom Come Creek, County Route 1229, from 0.080 miles south of KY 588 south to 0.478 miles south of KY 588.
• Lick Creek, County Route 1041, from .0350 north of Highway 803 to .800 north of HWY 803.
• Ratliff Branch, County Route 1249, .500 miles from KY 160 east to end of county maintenance MP.500.
• Red Allen Lane, County Route 1652, .238 mi from KY 510 south to end of county maintenance.
• Sergent Loop County Route 1115 from KY 1862 extending .601 miles north to KY 2545.