1. When was the last time the Pittsburgh Pirates played in the World Series?
2. How many players have hit 200 or more home runs for the Chicago White Sox?
3. New England’s Tom Brady set a record in 2015 for most NFL victories by a quarterback with one franchise. Who had held the mark?
4. When was the last time the preseason No. 1 team in The Associated Press top-25 poll for men’s college basketball ended up winning the national championship that season?
5. Which two teams were added in the last round of NHL expansion?
6. In 2016, Justin Gatlin became the oldest sprinter (34) to make the U.S. Olympic team since who?
7. In 2015, golfer Bernhard Langer won the Jack Nicklaus Trophy as the PGA Tour Champions player of the year for a record fifth time. Who else has won it three times?
1. It was 1979, when the Pirates beat the Baltimore Orioles.
2. Four — Frank Thomas (448 home runs), Paul Konerko (432), Harold Baines (221) and Carlton Fisk. (214).
3. Green Bay’s Brett Favre, with 160 wins (1992-2007).
4. North Carolina, in the 2008- 2009 season.
5. Minnesota and Columbus were added for the 2000-01 season.
6. Peter Gerhardt was nearly 35 years old in 1912.
7. Lee Trevino and Hale Irwin (three times each).
©2016 King Features Synd.