1. How many No. 1 U.S. hits did The Doors have?
2. Name the two main groups that Eric Burdon was in.
3. Remember when the group Fear was on “Saturday Night Live” in 1981? What happened?
4. In what year was the term “Beatlemania” first used?
5. Which group had hits with “Jive Talkin’” and “How Can You Mend a Broken Heart”?
6. What do Buddy Holly, Pete Townshend, Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton have in common?
1. Two. “Light My Fire” in 1967, and “Hello, I Love You” in 1968. Most of their singles didn’t crack the Top Ten.
2. The Animals and War. He had a shorter stint with the “Eric Burdon/Brian Auger Band.”
3. Punk group Fear played offensive songs with obscene language, which necessitated a fast cut of the audio, and their dancers trashed the set, forcing producers to zip to commercial.
4. 1963, in the U.K. The term caught on is the U.S. in 1964 when the Beatles went on “The Ed Sullivan Show.”
5. The Bee Gees, in 1975 and 1971, respectively.
6. They all were fans of the Fender Stratocaster guitar. Hendrix’s guitar, which he once set on fire onstage, went for $497,500 at auction.
©2011 King Features Synd.