2. What was the name of the film documenting the Rolling Stones’ 1981 North American Tour?
3. Who released “To Daddy” in 1977? What’s the song about?
4. Who did Cher marry in 1975?
5. Name the song with this lyric: “Nowadays you can’t be too sentimental; Your best bet’s a true baby blue Continental.”
1. Aretha Franklin. Many female performers were left out in the beginning due to the rule that performers had to have released their first record 25 years earlier.
2. “Let’s Spend the Night Together,” after their 1966 hit song. It was filmed at their concerts in New Jersey and Arizona.
3. Emmylou Harris. The song tells the tale of a mother who fi- nally leaves a cold husband after her children are grown.
4. Gregg Allman, of the Allman Brothers. She filed for divorce nine days later, but stuck it out until 1979. Their joint album, “Two the Hard Way,” billed as Allman & Woman, was a commercial disaster.
5. “It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me,” by Billy Joel in 1980, the response of an older musician to the new, younger music styles.
©2013 King Features Synd.