Whitesburg KY
Clear
Clear
62°F
 

Toddler drank drain cleaner




MONTICELLO, Ky.

A Kentucky State Police detective says a toddler who died in Monticello drank liquid drain cleaner left in a cup, apparently from drug making.

Authorities have now identified the boy as 22-month-old Kayden Branham and said he was pronounced dead late Saturday night, about an hour after drinking the cleaner, which contains sulfuric acid.

KSP Detective Doug Boyd told

The Lexington Herald-Leader the child died a horrible death from chemical burns.

The boy’s teenage parents are charged with murder and methamphetamine manufacturing. Four others are also charged with making the drug.

Police said the boy’s father is 19-year-old Bryan Daniels, but didn’t release the mother’s name because she is 14 years old.


Leave a Reply