1. MYTHOLOGY: What was Charybdis in ancient literature?
2. TELEVISION: Who was the original host of the game show “Let’s Make a Deal”?
3. U.S. STATES: What is the capital of South Dakota?
4. HISTORY: When was the Securities and Exchange Commission established to regulate sales of stocks and bonds?
5. GEOGRAPHY: What U.S. city’s seal includes a phoenix, which symbolizes its rise from destruction in the Civil War?
1. A whirlpool sometimes described as a sea monster
2. Monty Hall
4. 1934, after the 1929 stock market crash
5. Atlanta (c) 2016 King Features Synd.