1. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: What is the traditional stone associated with July birthdays?
2. MUSIC: In what state was singer-songwriter Tom Petty born and raised?
3. LITERATURE: Who wrote the short story called “The Sentinel,” which provided a starting point for the film “2001: A Space Odyssey”?
4. HISTORY: What was the only state that George McGovern won in the 1972 presidential race?
5. GEOGRAPHY: What is the largest country in South America?
6. ANIMAL KINGDOM: What is a group of pelicans known as?
7. GOVERNMENT: Who was the longest-serving U.S. House Speaker?
8. MOVIES: Who was nominated for Best Supporting Actress in the movie “Silkwood”?
9. FOOD & DRINK: What kind of food is thrown at the annual food fight festival held in Bunol, Spain?
10. BIBLE: Who were King Solomon’s parents?
3. Arthur C. Clarke
6. A pod
7. Sam Rayburn ( 17 years)
10. David and Bathsheba
(c) 2019 King Features Syndicate, Inc.