Whitesburg KY
Sunny
Sunny
52°F
 

U.S. 119 project underway




 

 

Work on the first section of the “Valley Floor” US 119 highway project includes construction of a bridge less than two miles into Letcher County near the Harlan County line. Kay & Kay Contracting Inc. of London has been working on the $6.9 million, .77-mile project since March 17. Funding for 80 percent of the project came through federal Appalachian Regional Commission, with the state covering the remaining 20 percent. Kay & Kay was given 444 working days to finish the job. (Photo by Sally Barto)


Leave a Reply