Whitesburg KY
Cloudy
Cloudy
60°F
 

We got our wires crossed

All In Fun

My wife and I use a bedroom in the very back of our house. It’s the farthest back from the fireplace and sometimes gets a little cold.

During a really cold spell in the winter of 2009, it got unbearable. We discussed an electric blanket, and she went shopping.

When she came back she had bought an electric mattress pad to go under us because it had two controllers so we each could adjust our own side to our own comfort zone. We put it on the bed, but we accidently got the control cables crossed. She put her heat controller on my nightstand and my heat controller on her nightstand.

That night it was really cold when we went to bed, but when I woke up a little later I was a little warm so I turned it down. But it was the controller for her side of the bed.

When she woke up, she was real cold so she turned it way up. But it was the controller for my side of the bed.

And that’s the way it went for the rest of the night. Each time I turned her side down, she turned my side up. It was a long, rough night.

While she suffered through a light frostbite, I was cooked alive in my own bed.


Leave a Reply