1. Name the singer who released “ You’re Sixteen” and “Dreamin’.”
2. What was the “Chitlin’ Circuit,” and when was it active?
3. Which group had a Top 20 hit with “Play the Game Tonight”?
4. What was Disco Demolition Night?
5. Where was Eric Clapton born?
6. Name the reggae group started by Peter Tosh, Neville Livingston and Bob Marley.
1. Johnny Burnette, 1961. His life was cut short when his boat was hit by a cabin cruiser while fishing.
2. It was a string of nightclubs and theaters in the South where black musicians played during segregation in the late 1930s, ‘40s and ‘50s. Ray Charles, Duke Ellington, Aretha Franklin and B.B. King, among many others, played the Chitlin’ Circuit at one time or the other.
3. Kansas, in 1982.
4. During a doubleheader baseball game between the Chicago White Sox and the Detroit Tigers at Comiskey Park in Chicago in 1979, a crate of disco albums was blown up on the field. It is considered the night disco died.
5. Surry, England, in 1945.
6. The Wailers, in 1963, after short stints as The Teenagers, The Wailing Rudeboys and The Wailing Wailers. “Sun Is Shining” was their only No. 1 hit on the U.S. dance charts.
©2012 King Features Synd.