1. Name the group that netted Top Ten hits with “Rain on the Roof” and “Nashville Cats.”
2. “ You Might Think” and “ Magic” were hits for what group?
3. Which artist wrote and released “Yankee Rose” in 1986?
4. What was the Human Be- In? When was it?
5. What is Doo-wop?
6. Name the group that had a No. 1 R&B hit with “Just to Be Close to You” in 1976.
1. The Lovin’ Spoonful, in 1966. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2000.
2. The Cars, in 1984.
3. David Lee Roth. It’s said that Roth is one of a half-dozen male artists who can sing notes in four octaves.
4. The Be-In was a San Francisco counterculture gathering in January 1967 that led to the Summer of Love. Jefferson Airplane, The Grateful Dead and others provided music. In New York, it was called the Central Park Be-In.
5. Doo-wop is an R&B style that was created in the 1950s using vocal harmonies with nonsense syllables to replace rhythm instruments. “ Sh- Boom” by The Chords in an example.
6. The Commodores. Lionel Richie was an original member of the group, but went solo in 1982.
2012 King Features Synd., Inc.