1. Which 1960s group released “Pretty Ballerina”?
2. Name the only Top 10 single released by the Mar- Keys.
3. This reggae group released “Fattie Fattie” and “I’ve Got a Feeling”?
4. What Philadelphia soul singer had a No. 1 hit in 1972 with “Me and Mrs. Jones”?
5. Which group had a hit in 1975 with “Don’t Leave Me This Way”?
6. Fact or fiction: When a CD boxed set was released with a bar code as part of the graphics, stores scanned it instead of the real code.
1. The Left Banke, in 1966. The song went to No. 15 on the Billboard chart.
2. “Last Night,” in 1961.
3. The Heptones, both in 1966. Legend says the trio got its name from a bottle of hair tonic.
4. Billy Paul. The song won Paul a Grammy for Best R&B Vocal Performance.
5. Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes. “Don’t Leave Me This Way” rose to No. 3 on the disco list. The next year, Thelma Houston netted a No. 1 hit with the same song.
6. Fact. In 2005, store clerks were actually scanning a large bar code that was part of the cover art of the “Electric 80s” CD set, resulting in a lower price to consumers. The real code was on the back. ©2011 King Features Synd., Inc.