1. Which group was associated with the album titled “Red Rose Speedway”?
2. What is David Johansen’s other name?
3. Who had a popular album titled “All Hail the Queen”?
4. Name the Foghat song that ended up on the “Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas” video game.
5. Which trio released “The Second Time Around”?
6. Name the band responsible for “ Yummy, Yummy, Yummy.”
1. Paul McCartney & Wings, in 1973. Originally the album was to be two LPs, but in the end they released it as a single LP with nine songs.
2. Buster Poindexter. Johansen began using that name in the 1980s when he was with the Uptown Horns. He scored his first big hit with “Hot Hot Hot” in 1987.
3. Dana Elaine Owens, also known as Queen Latifah. The album went to No. 6 on the R&B charts. She’s had multiple Grammy nominations, as well as winning a Golden Globe.
4. “Slow Ride.” There are a number of versions of this 1977 song, ranging from 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Shalamar, in 1979. The song went to No. 1 on both the R&B and Dance charts.
6. The Ohio Express, in 1968. Astonishingly enough, the song went to No. 1 in Canada. The bubble-gum group followed up with “Chewy, Chewy.”
©2012 King Features Synd. Inc.