1. Who was the first player to have at least 40 doubles, 40 steals and 40 home runs in the same season?
2. Which of these two managers won more games with his respective team: Earl Weaver with Baltimore or Tommy Lasorda with the Los Angeles Dodgers?
3. When was the last time the University of North Carolina football team won the Atlantic Coast Conference championship?
4. Name the last NBA team to have a losing record one season and win an NBA title the next.
5. When was the last time before the 2005-06 and 2006- 07 season that the Buffalo Sabres won 50-plus games in a season?
6. Can you name the two drivers who won races in the No. 8 car before Dale Earnhardt Jr. took it over?
7. Name the first women’s tennis player to be ranked No. 1 overall without having won a Grand Slam singles title.
1. Washington’s Alfonso Soriano in 2006, with 41 doubles, 46 homers and 41 stolen bases.
2. Lasorda had 1,599 victories; Weaver had 1,480.
3. It was 1980, under coach Dick Crum.
4. The Portland Trail Blazers in 1977.
5. Never, although the Sabres did win 49 games in 1974-75.
6. Joe Weatherly (20 victories) and Bobby Hillin Jr. (one victory).
7. Kim Clijsters in 2003.
©2007 King Features Synd.