1. Name the singer who was born Patricia Louise Holte.
2. Who released an album entitled “Songs in the Key of Life”?
3. Name the group that sang these songs on their debut album: “500 Miles,” “Cruel War” and “Where Have All the Flowers Gone?”
4. Paul McCartney came up with a tune, but no words. To keep the tune in his head, he wrote “place holder” lyrics. What was the song?
5. Name the song with these lyrics: “Oh, I know that the music’s fine, like sparkling wine, go and have your fun.”
1. Patti LaBelle. Her first group was The Ordettes, which became Patti LaBelle and the Bluebelles, and later, Labelle.
2. Stevie Wonder, in 1976. The chart-topping double album contained 17 songs, including the hits “Sir Duke,” “I Wish” and “Isn’t She Lovely?”
3. Peter, Paul and Mary on their self-titled 1962 album. Despite a breakup in 1978, the trio continued to work together on peaceful causes.
4. “Yesterday.” To keep the song in his head, he called it “Scrambled Eggs.”
5. “Save the Last Dance for Me,” by the Drifters in 1960. Shortly thereafter, R&B singer Damita Jo recorded an “answer song” called “I’ll Save the Last Dance for You.”
©2013 King Features Synd.