1. Who was Stewball?
2. Who penned and recorded
“Funny How Time Slips Away”?
3. Name the artist who released “Draggin’ the Line.”
4. Who released “Don’t Cry
for Me Argentina”?
5. Name the song that contains this lyric: “Put your sweet
lips a little closer to the phone,
Let’s pretend that we’re together
1. A British racehorse born in
1741 and immortalized in song
in 1784. On this side of the Atlantic, versions of the song have
been done by Woodie Guthrie,
The Weavers and Peter, Paul
2. Willie Nelson. He got his
first guitar at age 6 and was in a
band by the age of 10. He played
honky tonks to earn money as a
way of staying out of the cotton
3. Tommy James, in 1971. This
was his first big solo hit after he
left the Shondells.
4. Julie Covington, 1976. It
was later used in the musical
5. “He’ll Have to Go,” by Jim
Reeves in 1959. The song was
issued as a b-side, but took off
on its own, topping the country
chart for 14 straight weeks. Billboard ranked it as the No. 2 song