1. Were the McGuire Sisters really related?
2. Who had a hit with “Fool Number One”?
3. Which group wrote and released “I Want to Make the World Turn Around,” and when?
4. Name the singer who was born Ernest Evans.
5. Name the song that contains this lyric: “The wild and windy night that the rain washed away, Has left a pool of tears crying for the day.”
1. Yes. Dorothy, Phyllis and Christine were sisters from Ohio. It’s said the group broke up when they were blackballed because one of them was in a personal relationship with a famous mobster.
2. Brenda Lee, in 1961. She was only 16 at the time, fully a professional even at that age.
3. The Steve Miller Band, in 1986. Kenny G did a sax solo on the song.
4. Chubby Checker, of “Twist” fame.
5. “The Long and Winding Road,” by the Beatles, 1970. It was their last of 20 U.S. No. 1 singles. A short time later when co-writer Paul McCartney went to court to legally dissolve the band, he pointed to producer Phil Spector’s modifications to the song as being one reason why.
©2016 King Features Synd.