Nearly 150 people have signed up for a 12-week fitness challenge that started at the Letcher County Recreation Center on January 1.
This is the second year that Whitesburg trainer Brandy Cook has organized the New You for the New Year fitness challenge. In 2018, more than 1,000 pounds were lost as a result of Cook’s winter and spring 12-week challenges.
Cook’s classes follow the High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) format in order for attendees to burn the highest amount of calories in the shortest amount of time along with decreasing body fat.
People do not have to be signed up for the 12-week challenge to attend the classes.
Here is the Bodies By Brandy class schedule:
• Boot Camp Mondays — at 6:30 p.m. in aerobics room at Letcher County Recreation Center
• Tabata Tuesdays — at 5:30 p.m. on rec center gym floor
• Butts and Guts — first and third Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in aerobics room
• Chisel Thursdays — at 5:30 p.m. on gym floor
• Battle It Out Saturdays — at 10 a.m. and Sundays at 6 p.m. in aerobics room
• Couples class with trainer Seth Ottarson — Sundays at 4 p.m. in aerobics room
Attendees must have rec center membership or pay $4 at front desk for rec center fee. Cook’s classes are $2 on weekdays and $5 on weekends.